Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Metropolitan Museum of Art

Fifth Outing
“The Metropolitan Museum”
December 13, 2008


I schedule two events this day, the museum and my annual Christmas dinner with friends. I had made plans to meet with friends for dinner atfter my visit to The Metropolitan Museum. This place was beautiful and enormous. It was very busy this day too. Among the crowd here, I was able to see the Annual Christmas Tree! The beautiful ornaments of porcelain angels and the lighting around tree was so bright that it brought life to this tree. Unfortunately my feet were killing me because I just purchased new boots and I didn't think in bringing my sneakers with me, dummy me. Overall I had a wonderful experience! I was able to manage my walks through the Modern Art Galleries, the Greek and Roman Art, Medieval Art and Egyptian Art to which all exhibitions were absolutely fascinating. Here I am in the Egyptian Art Exhibition and most of this work were actually embedded in the wall. It was so awesome to see in person!

I have to take some more time for this Museum, there so much more to see. I took a couple of hours before meeting with friends but it just wasn't enough. I could not stop bragging about this place over dinner. I scolded my friends because they only live 15-20 minutes away and they hardly step into this place. My family got to see the pictures and my son was overwhelmed. He has an upcoming essay on Egypt and I am bringing him here to take photos. What a trea!

I am currently studying the Book of "Daniel" and I just had to take these pictures for my bible class. OMG, they are going to enjoy these. This stones refer to history of Daniel and King Darius and even Alexander the Great.


Relief: Two Servants Bearing Food and Drink
Made out of Limestone
Southwestern Iran, excavated at Persepolis
Archemenid period, reign of Artaxerxes III
358-338 B.C.
Harvis Brisbane Dick Fund 1934
34.158




No comments: